Movember is a month long fundraiser to raise awareness of men’s health issues. As part of the month long campaign myself and thousands around the world will be growing mustaches to show our support for the Prostate Cancer Foundation and the LiveStrong Foundation. You can join in and show support by donating to the cause or growing your own mustache too!
Support my Mustache today and don’t hesitate to reblog!
"Would it be laughable to buy the Nintendo Wii to trick myself into shape with Wii Fit?"
Sometimes I feel like a kid in a big people office :)
Fortune Cookie or Spam?
I love fortune cookies, there is no other treat you can find with the perfect balance of sweetness, crunch, and individual wrapping. I don’t care too much for the fortunes themselves, but lately mine have been reading a lot like spam email subject lines:
- New financial resources will soon be available to you!
- An interesting medical opportunity is in your new future!
- Good things come in small packages. One is coming to you!
Then there was this last one. Technically I don’t even think its a fortune because of its conditional nature, if anything it sounds like a gamble:
- If you go fishing, your catch will be plentiful.
Yawn, ehm I mean beep-beep
Click to englarge…
Sometimes I feel like my friend on the right :)
wp2tumblr - Transfer your blog from WordPress to tumblr + disqus
Moving blogs sucks, so lets make it easier…
This script will allow anyone to mass transfer all the posts from a specified WordPress blog to a Tumblr account as well as transfer the comments to a specified Disqus account. Manually transfering a large number of posts can be time consuming, so instead use this wonderful script! Wp2Tumblr uses Tumblr API and Disqus to repost blog posts/comments from an exported WordPress blog. This script has been tested to work with Tumblr API 1.0 and Wordpress 2.3.3 (WordPress eXtended RSS format).
Don’t run the script if you don’t know what it does. This script was a quick coding exercise so it does not have fancy error handling. Use it at your own risk. If you don’t know what you’re doing, ask for help :)
- Install the script on a server that supports PHP 5
- Export your WordPress blog
- Edit the script and input your general parameters
- Run the script by invoking its url with the following query string: ?exec=true
- Some WordPress exports were invalid XML so DOM based parsing was replaced with parsing code directly from WordPress’s own Import function
- License: GNU General Public License (http:www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html)
- Parts of this code are derived from WordPress (http:wordpress.org/) under GPL